DURATION / FORMAT
180 course contact hours consisting of:
1. Practical & Theory
2. UEFA “A” Licence Learning Workshops
3. UEFA “A” Licence Periodisation Workshops
4. Course Tasks
5. Individual and micro-group learning
Further time (up to 100 hours) should be committed by the course participant for the completion of:
1. Match Analysis Performance Tasks
2. Club Visits
3. Compilation of Logbook
4. Assignments and Tasks
To provide coaches with the ability to:
• Plan, organise and implement “reality based” coaching sessions whilst developing coaching competence through knowledge transfer from course curriculum tasks/ assignments to practical situations/ sessions;
• Develop tactical and positional skills as well as team performance, whilst concentrating on specific units of the team
• Develop sound match analysis skills in order to ascertain and justify appropriate training sessions
• Optimise football preparation for performance
• Plan, implement and review “reality based” sessions in a safe, friendly and rewarding environment
The course is designed to assist coaches in the preparation, development and consolidation of the player’s / teams technical, tactical, mental and physical development as well as maximising their performance.
Coaches will design and develop “reality based” training sessions after specific analysis of the team, units & individual players.
1) UEFA ‘B’ Licence & CPD
Course Students will be coaches who have held the UEFA ‘B’ Licence for a minimum of 12 months and who have attained a minimum of 15 hours UEFA Continuous Professional Development in the last 3 years.
2) Current Coaching Experience
At a minimum level, course Students must be actively coaching a team of Elite Youth* or Senior players.
Applications will be considered from those not coaching at these levels provided a letter is submitted from the club/ team willing to provide an internship for the duration of the course
*For the purposes of applications for the UEFA ‘A’ Licence course, a coach working with “Elite Youth” players is deemed as being those currently working at either of the following levels:
• minimum of U17 National League Team
• U14 Regional Emerging Talent Programme squad
3) Physical Condition
Course Students must be of an appropriate physical condition to participate in sustained football related activity (i.e. small-sided games, training matches, etc) throughout the duration of the course.
4) Email Address and use of laptop/tablet
All course correspondence will be done via email, so all course Students must have access to an active, personal email address that they check regularly.
Course candidates should also have access to the use of a laptop/tablet that they can bring to course dates for use in certain tasks and match analysis assignments.
5) Child Welfare Workshop Attendance
Every course applicant must provide evidence of attendance at a Child Welfare Workshop.
The Child Welfare course is accredited by the Irish Sports Council (ISC) and dates, times and locations of up-coming courses can be accessed on ww.fainet.ie
Equivalent courses (delivered in other countries) may also be accepted; please check with email@example.com prior to submission.
6) Garda Vetting
Every course applicant must provide Garda vetting clearance.
In order to be Garda Vetted a completed form, available from fai.ie, must be submitted with application dossier.
HOW TO APPY:
An application fee of €40 applies to all submissions.
Application fees should be processed here by clicking on the register button on the bottom right of this page.
When registered, applicants will receive an aplication form via email. This must then be completed in full and submitted.
The application fee is non-refundable.
PLEASE EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form.
All applications received by the closing date of midday Monday 6th May 2019.
No late applications will be accepted. will be considered.
A shortlisting process will take place after the closing date to ensure the best possible applicants are accepted onto the course.
Coaching Practice is reality task based and continuously evaluated for the Students.
Closing date for applications: Monday 6th May 2019.