DURATION / FORMAT
180 course contact hours consisting of:
1. Practical & Theory
2. UEFA “A” Licence Learning Workshops
3. UEFA “A” Licence Periodisation Workshops
4. Course Tasks
5. Individual and micro-group learning
Further time (up to 100 hours) should be committed by the course participant for the completion of:
1. Match Analysis Performance Tasks
2. Club Visits
3. Compilation of Logbook
4. Assignments and Tasks
To provide coaches with the ability to:
• Plan, organise and implement “reality based” coaching sessions whilst developing coaching competence through knowledge transfer from course curriculum tasks/ assignments to practical situations/ sessions;
• Develop tactical and positional skills as well as team performance, whilst concentrating on specific units of the team
• Develop sound match analysis skills in order to ascertain and justify appropriate training sessions
• Optimise football preparation for performance
• Plan, implement and review “reality based” sessions in a safe, friendly and rewarding environment
The course is designed to assist coaches in the preparation, development and consolidation of the player’s / teams technical, tactical, mental and physical development as well as maximising their performance.
Coaches will design and develop “reality based” training sessions after specific analysis of the team, units & individual players.
1) UEFA ‘B’ Licence & CPD
Course Students will be coaches who have held the UEFA ‘B’ Licence for a minimum of 12 months and who have attained a minimum of 15 hours UEFA Continuous Professional Development in the last 3 years.
2) Current Coaching Experience
At a minimum level, course Students must be actively coaching a team of Elite Youth* or Senior players.
Applications will be considered from those not coaching at these levels provided a letter is submitted from the club/ team willing to provide an internship for the duration of the course
*For the purposes of applications for the UEFA ‘A’ Licence course, a coach working with “Elite Youth” players is deemed as being those currently working at either of the following levels:
• minimum of U17 National League Team
• U14 Regional Emerging Talent Programme squad
3) Physical Condition
Course Students must be of an appropriate physical condition to participate in sustained football related activity (i.e. small-sided games, training matches, etc) throughout the duration of the course.
4) Email Address and use of laptop/tablet
All course correspondence will be done via email, so all course Students must have access to an active, personal email address that they check regularly.
Course candidates should also have access to the use of a laptop/tablet that they can bring to course dates for use in certain tasks and match analysis assignments.
5) Child Welfare Workshop Attendance
Every course applicant must provide evidence of attendance at a Child Welfare Workshop.
The Child Welfare course is accredited by the Irish Sports Council (ISC) and dates, times and locations of up-coming courses can be accessed on ww.fainet.ie
Equivalent courses (delivered in other countries) may also be accepted; please check with firstname.lastname@example.org prior to submission.
6) Garda Vetting
Every course applicant must provide Garda vetting clearance.
In order to be Garda Vetted a completed form, available from email@example.com , must be submitted with application dossier.
HOW TO APPY:
Copy and paste the link below onto your toolbar to download an application form.
Complete the application form and post your application containing all of the below:
Completed application form
- Copy of printed online Application Fee confirmation email received after paying the application fee
- CV outlining all football experience (playing/ coaching/ managing experience; coaching qualifications attained; internships completed; CPD attained; etc)
- Evidence (photocopies) of Coach Education Pathway course certificates(UEFA B) and CPD attained
- Evidence (photocopy) of Child Welfare workshop certificate or equivalent
- Evidence (photocopy) that the applicant is Garda Vetted in the last 5 years (if not, a completed Garda Vetting Form) or equivalent for non-Irish residents. If you require a Garda Vetting Form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Supporting letters/documents (particularly if serving an internship for the duration of the course)
- 2 Passport photos (UEFA Licence processing)
- Full payment - cheque, draft or card payment details enclosed
Coaching Practice is reality task based and continuously evaluated for the Students.
Students must adequately complete the course curriculum in full prior to progressing to Assessment.
An assessment fee of €300 is included in the pre-course payment.
Closing date for applications: Thursday, 25th August 2016 (mid-day)
PLEASE NOTE: YOUR EIRCODE IS MANDATORY FOR BOOKING e.g. D15 X8PD (8 charachers long -space after the 3rd charachter)