Football Association of Ireland
Course dates to be confirmed.
Candidates need the following:
- To have held the UEFA‘A’ Licence for a minimum of 12 months (the UEFA ‘A’ Licence should therefore have been completed and passed in full prior to 1st December 2015)
- To have amassed the appropriate number of Continuous Professional Development (CPD) hours since completion of the UEFA ‘A’ Licence course (It is required that 15 hours of UEFA accredited CPD has been attained for every 3 years that the UEFA ‘A’ Licence has been held.)
- To have been actively coaching at an appropriate* level for a continuous period over the past 12 months and or during the course timeline. Any broken service in active coaching must be justified in the submitted CV.
*For the purposes of the UEFA ‘Pro’ Licence application, the applicant must be working at an appropriate level of the game, namely a team of senior professional players/ Elite Youth or an underage International squad.The club/ team must also be willing to facilitate the “Club Visit Programme” as the candidate works towards gaining his/ her Pro Licence.
. *A long-serving professional player who has played for at least seven full years as a professional player in the top division of a FIFA or UEFA member association and has played at least 50 international competitive matches for his senior national team or a club first team may, upon written request, be exempted by UEFA from the required coaching experience.
- Have been educated through the FAI Coach Education Programme
- Be actively working in Ireland at an appropriate level as above.
- Be resident in Ireland.
- Have been born in Ireland or have Irish heritage.
- Be aware of the UEFA criteria in respect of cross-border education prior to application, should they not meet any of the above noted criteria.
- Third Level Education Qualification and or quivilant
||Duration of the Course:
The course involves 400-450 course contact hours over a 18 month period.
This will consist of pre-course reading, tasks,assignments, conference calls, lectures, practical demonstrations, club visits in micro-groups, presentations, an overseas club visit, a thesis and a practical assessment.
All applications to be submitted before 13.00pm Friday 14th September 2018.
A non-refundable application fee of €100 applies to all registrations.
Application fees should be processed here by clicking on the register button on the bottom right of this page.
When registered, applicants will receive an aplication form via email. This must then be completed in full and submitted.
The FAI Application form should be completed in full and submitted as part of a dossier which will also include the following:
- (1) Fully completed application form
- (2) Full and detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) Please ensure to make mention of: (1) Playing history (2) Coaching History (3) Academic History
- (3) Any other honours/ awards/ achievements/ positions held that may support your application
- (4) Copy of all previous coaching qualification certificates, particularly the UEFA ‘A’ Diploma Certificate.
- (5) Copy of any academic qualification certificates
- (6) Supporting letter from the club where the applicant will actively coach during the course.The club must agree to facilitate the “Club Visit Programme” during the course, which will see both tutors and fellow course colleagues attend both coaching sessions and match situations at the club.
- (7) 2 x written references (to cover both personal attributes and those skills/ qualities of the applicant in a coaching capacity)
-Overseas/ International Applicants must also include:
- Letter detailing the reasons why they would like to continue their coach education in Ireland, with the FAI.
- Under the UEFA Coaching Convention Directives, any applicant originating from a National Association other than the Football Association must also complete and return a UEFA Cross Border form (UEFA Coaching Convention, Annex D) before being approved for a Football Association of Ireland course.
All applications to be submitted before 13.00pm Friday,14th September 2018.
Please email FAI Coach Education Manger Niall O'Regan at email@example.com if you would like to express your interest in participating on this course.
||All applications to be returned before 13.00pm Friday 14th September 2018.
FAI HQ - Dublin, National Sports Campus, Abbotstown, D15 X8PD Dublin 15
Craig Sexton, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org